What makes our insulation green?
A lot of products claim to be “green”. But recycled Stabilized Cellulose and R-Foam are, by their nature, products that do no harm to the environment, human health, or animal health. Not only that, they actually do their share to help the environment.
- 20-50% more effective than traditional fiberglass — It saves energy from heating and cooling
- Made from recycled newsprint— It keeps material out of landfills
- Low embodied energy — It requires less energy to manufacture
- Creates a carbon sink — Carbon from cellulose gets tied up in the walls of your home, not the atmosphere
- Non-toxic — No trips to the doctor’s office because of prolonged contact with our insulation
- Non-pollutant — Low, or zero emissions required to produce the insulation
If all the paper currently being put into landfills each year were converted to cellulose insulation, it would save approximately eight million tons of CO2 emissions. That’s the equivalent of taking every car off the road in New Mexico and Nevada.
– Cellulose Insulation Manufacturers Association (CIMA)